Thursday 29 March 2012

29 year old in Disneyland?

My mate Chris first asked me to join him and his family in Disneyland about 5 months ago. The initial reaction was "No"; purely because I had just returned from North America not to mention Las Vegas (again). So the idea of travelling to Los Angeles didn't really appeal to me.
As time got closer, the "No" turned to a "Maybe". The "Maybe" turned to "I'll think about it". The "I'll think about it" turned to a "Nah".

14 days before the departure date, it became real. The answer was a "No"
This took a lot of thinking and consideration. My funds, my career, my travel plans, my kids........ok obviously no kids. In a way, it was a huge relief to finalise my decision.
As a child, Disneyland didn't really appeal to me. Mainly because it wasn't on my radar or knowledge. Rainbows End and Fantasyland in Hastings to me were the best then I experienced Space World in Fukuoka, Japan back in 1998. After that it was Dreamworld on the Gold Coast and that was it, I got old.

That evening, all I could think about was experience I could be having. Disneyland may be fun but it will be even more fun and rewarding when you are experiencing it with kids and sharing their joy and laughter. The next day, I went down to the travel agent and within 48hrs, my flights were booked!
To make it more of a holiday, I'm going to be spending time in Brisbane and San Francisco. My itinerary is as follow:

April 3 - Auckland, New Zealand
April 4-9 - Brisbane, Australia
April 9-14 - Anaheim, United States
April 15-18 - San Francisco, United States (I lose 2 days flying)
April 20-22 - Auckland, New Zealand
April 23 - Back to work in Wellington

Only 5 days before I depart; very exciting stuff!

About 2 weeks ago, we had a friendly visitor in our house. Long story short, a friend brought their dog around and somehow it managed to find a possum and chased it into the conservatory.
It was an evil looking sucker.

Fast forward a week, Ryan, my dad and I managed to get absolutely mashed one evening, started break dancing to Shania Twain and doing one handed push ups. I was in hysteria and cackling like a girl. I did not get out of bed until 9pm the next evening.........actually I lied. I got out of bed 4 times just to throw up.

Friendly Visitor- 10.3 MB
Shania Twain Break Dance - 12.3 MB




New addition to the family



Jaden being a Brat at Junglerama



Pretty sure he tumbled here

No comments: